The Perfect Iced Coffee Recipe
Coffee… A delicious beverage with magical powers. It has great medicinal properties and is a very popular drink all over the world. After tea, it is the most sought-after beverage in the world. Many people just love coffee and need to drink them every single day. Coffee has put such an impact on our daily lives that it has been considered as a culture in some parts of the world. It is very easy to make tasty coffee following an iced coffee recipe.
A perfectly brewed coffee can make the day a whole lot better for some people. For the others, coffee is just a fashion. Regular coffee consumers often look for better ways of drinking the beverage, often coming up with different coffee recipes that best suits them. Iced coffee is just as popular these days, and these are one of the main selling items in the coffee shops. Although making iced coffee is way harder than a standard hot coffee, knowing the perfect iced coffee recipe can help you make your homemade iced coffee in just some simple steps.
What You’ll Need
Making the iced coffee is a simple but time-consuming process. To enjoy the perfect mix of the coffee, you’ll have to keep it intact for quite some time. The end product of your endurance will be a perfectly brewed iced coffee for brightening up your day.
To make the perfect iced coffee at home, you’ll need the following items
- One bag of Ground Coffee
- One jug of cold water
- Skimmed Milk (Whole Milk or Sweetened Condensed Milk will also do the trick)
- Sugar (or artificial sweeteners)
- Flavors (Vanilla, Chocolate)
- Ice cubes
Before you start, you must ensure that you’re using pure drinking water. You can use cold water from your water cooler or just normal filtered water. Also, use edible flavors and try to avoid using an excess of flavored items.
Step 1: Choosing Your Coffee
Choosing the best coffee is one of the essential things that you’ll need to get a perfect taste of your coffee. Always choose ground coffee and keep certain things in mind when purchasing a quality coffee; the texture, color, and aroma of the coffee. The richer the texture of the coffee, the better flavors you’re going to get.
You can also use the best instant coffee that you find in your local super shop, but that’ll not give the flavors and aroma that you’d get from a freshly brewed ground coffee.
Step 2: Pour the Coffee
Start by pouring the coffee into a jar. It is recommended that you pour all of the coffee that’s in the packet. Doing so will ensure that you have enough coffee for the month (depends how many cups you drink per day).
Step 3: Add Cold Water
Add cold water to the coffee in the jar. Maintain a proper balance, don’t put too much or too less water. Putting 7 liters of water with 1 pound of ground coffee is recommended, but it depends on your preference.
Step 4: Store the Mixture
Mix the water and the coffee. When perfectly mixed, you should close the lid of the jar. Leave the mixture for about twelve hours (or as long as you like). Always remember, the more you keep the water and coffee mixture in the jar, the better the flavor.
Step 5: Arranging the Filter
Arrange a fine mesh strainer on the top. Put two layers of cheesecloth (or any pieces of cloth) onto the strainer to filter out the finer coffee particles.
Step 6: Filtering
Slowly pour the mixture onto a jar. Allow the coffee mixture to flow through the mesh strainer and the cloths. You can use a spoon and stir the coffee while it passes through the mesh strainer so that it passes quicker than before.
Step 7: Storing the Mixture
Store the coffee mixture in a pitcher or a normal jar. You’ll have to make sure that the coffee is stored in a place where it doesn’t get into any contact of direct sunlight or air. This will destroy the flavor of the coffee.
Step 8: Preparing Your Drink
Take an ordinary coffee mug and put crushed ice into it. You can put as much ice you like. The ice must be crushed into fine pieces to ensure that the coffee gets mixed properly with the ice.
Step 9: Mix the Coffee with Ice
Slowly pour the coffee mixture that you’ve prepared onto the mug of crushed ice. It is recommended that you put a half mug full of the mixture, but it all depends up to your personal preference. Add a little more for a richer coffee; add a little less for a lighter coffee.
Step 10: Add Milk and Sugar
If you’re someone who just loves the taste of milk coffee, you can add milk to the ice and coffee mix. The proportion of milk and sugar that you put depends on you, and you can experiment with all different quantities of these to get yourself a perfectly brewed coffee.
Step 11: Add Extra Flavors
You may add additional flavors to increase the taste of the coffee. Most people use chocolate powder or vanilla cream onto their iced coffee. You can use any flavors at your disposal that best suits your taste. Doing so will give you one of the finest iced coffee that you have ever tried.
Making your perfect ice coffee at home is never that hard. By following some simple steps, you can also make yourself a perfectly made iced coffee at home. There are many other homemade iced coffee recipes that people follow, but in the end, all provide you with the same rich blended taste of the mighty coffee. Morning coffee will not only enlighten your mood but will also ensure that you’re up for all the challenges that hurdle past you. This is why knowing how to make the best homemade iced coffee always helps!
Products You May Consider
Bestseller No. 2 Peet's Coffee, Peetnik Pack, Major Dickason's Blend, Dark Roast, Ground Coffee, 20 oz. Bag, Rich, Smooth, and Complex Dark Roast Coffee Blend With A Full Bodied and Layered Flavor
- GREAT COFFEE TELLS A STORY: Whether you're brewing a pot of our popular Major Dickason's Blend, a classic French Roast, or trying a single-origin coffee like Brazil Minas Naturais or Sumatra, there's a story behind each batch of beans we roast & grind.
- OBSESSED WITH FRESH: From the beginning, Peet's Coffee has roasted the best coffee beans we can find with quality in mind. We also care for the communities that grow & harvest those beans, because coffee is better when it is grown & sourced responsibility.
- BREW LIKE THE BEST: Brewing the best cup of coffee starts with finding your favorite roast or blend. Whole beans or ground coffee, dark, medium or light, single origin or a blend? Try a variety & find the best brew for the morning mug or afternoon pickup.
- LIGHT, MEDIUM & DARK ROAST: Brew a pot of Peet's ground or whole bean coffee in a blend & roast perfect for your tastes. Light roast coffees are mild & smooth, medium roast coffees are smooth & aromatic, while dark roast coffees are smoky & full bodied.
- COMPARE WITH: Eight O'clock, Vitascope, illy, Folgers, Organic Coffee Co., Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Koffee Kult, Copper Moon, Community Coffee, Kauai Coffee, Kicking Horse Coffee, Ethical Bean Coffee, Don Tomas Coffee, Caza Trail Coffee, Hygge Coffee Co.
Hot New Items