What You Will Get Here
- Water Dispenser or Water Cooler? – What Do You Need?
- How Did We Pick the Best?
- What to Look for in the Best Water Dispenser?
- Our Top 10 Best Water Dispensers
- Best Hot Water Dispenser: Insinkerator H-Wavesn-Ss Involve Water Dispenser
- Best Freestanding Dispenser: Farberware Freestanding Compact Dispenser
- Best Top Loading Dispenser: Avalon Top Loading Water Cooler
- Best Bottom Loading Dispenser: Avalon Bottom Loading Water Cooler Water Dispenser
- Best Cooler Dispenser: Primo Stainless Steel 1 Spout Water Cooler Dispenser
- A List of 5 Other Water Dispenser We Reviewed
- Water Dispenser Cleaning and Maintenance
- Final Words
Water Dispenser or Water Cooler? – What Do You Need?
It’s likely that you’ll be confused about the difference between a water dispenser and a water cooler. Not to worry, we’re here to clear the doubt.
So, what is a water dispenser?
A water dispenser is a unit with a water reservoir which can be dispensed at any time through the tap. Examples include kitchen or bathroom faucet, water jug with a tap, etc. However, a water cooler comes with a compressor that cools the water in the tank which will be dispensed through a tap.
In other words, the best cold water dispenser is often connected to a power source to energize the cooling system while a water dispenser does not require electricity for its operation but will output water at the room’s temperature.
You’ll be able to get clean and fresh water from both but at different temperatures. Besides, you’ll get instant cold water from a water cooler at any given time.
So why do you need an office or home water dispenser?
- They allow you to access to clean and potable water at low cost. They come with water tanks that are not connected to any plumbing line making it easy to set up and use.
- They’re very portable and can be easily transported to a campsite where you’ll enjoy hot or cold water at will.
- They’re very easy to use, all you need do is press the button and boom the water is dispensed.
- They can be installed in the home or office and does not consume much space.
- They’re easy to maintain. Here, you’ll be required to refill the jar once the water is depleted.
- They come with water filters and treatment systems to improve the taste and quality of the water.
- The money that would’ve been spent on buying water bottles every day will be saved. Moreover, a reduction in the use of water bottles helps to level of pollution in our environment. Thus, everyone stays protected.
- It attracts the children and the elderly to stay hydrated by drinking from the dispenser.
Now that you’ve known the benefits, you’ll be more interested in buying the best rated water dispenser. Nevertheless, this buying guide will help you to choose a suitable water dispenser.
How Did We Pick the Best?
The process of picking our top 10 water dispensers began with exhaustive research into the world of water dispensers. Our first step was to list out the 40 most widely used water dispenser brands on the market.
We spent over 70 hours to test some of these products. We discovered that we’ll not be able to examine all of them effectively by ourselves within a limited time. So, we included some volunteers to assist us with the test.
From our research and experience, we discovered that each buyer is more interested in capacity, type, technology, construction, safety feature, water temperature and purification system of the dispenser. Therefore, we rated our products based on these factors.
In addition, we examined user reviews and ratings of these products on Amazon, eBay, and other online shops. We compared their views and these helped us to understand more about each of the products and why they’re the best on sale.
We consulted with various homeowners and office managers who’d used this product for long. Their opinion and recommendations were very helpful in determining the pros and cons of each of the products.
We ranked the products in the order of their most positive features based on the results of our research. With this, we narrowed the list to the 10 best drinking water dispencers for home and office.
What to Look for in the Best Water Dispenser?
Now that you’ve known the importance of owning a water dispenser, you should equally know the options that will suit your preference. This is the reason you should consider the following features before placing your order.
- Bottom-load water dispenser: This is one of the most widely used water dispensers because of its unique design. It is the best office water dispenser because the bottle is often concealed. The water bottle is positioned at the bottom of the dispenser which eliminates the need to raise it and then position upside down.
It is the best drinking water dispensor for both the elderly and the physically challenged. Moreover, it is very easy to manage if there is a spillage.
- Tabletop water dispenser: This is a very portable water dispenser which can be placed at any location in the home. It takes less space making it ideal to positioned on tabletops and kitchen cabinets. They feature the smaller water tanks.
- Wall-mounted water dispenser: This type of dispenser is mounted on the wall with a direct connection to the water pipes in the wall. It has a storage tank where the water is filtered and refrigerated simultaneously. The good thing is that the unused water is reserved in the pipe.
- Direct-piping water dispenser: This is also referred to as bottomless water dispenser. It is similar to the wall-mounted water dispenser in the sense it is connected directly to the water source. They’re equipped with high-quality filters to enhance the quality of the water.
- Freestanding water dispenser: They use water jugs which are positioned on the top of the unit. The water jugs are bought separately and the water is made to undergo extensive treatment processes. The only drawback is that you’ll lift the jug to fix it on the top which might be a heavy task for some persons. However, it is very economical.
To avoid situations where you’ll be replacing the water jug too often, you should consider buying one with a large capacity. Each household or office has its water consumption level which must match with the capacity of the dispenser. Note that if the capacity of the dispenser is more than what you need; it’ll take a long time before the water is completely depleted.
Water Flow Rate and Noise
If the water flow is high, you’ll spend less time to fill your bottle. You should consider buying a water dispenser that operates quietly especially at the office. The noise from the pump and compressors of the dispensers could be disturbing.
Some of the Best Water Dispenser models are equipped with ozone in the water tanks to mitigate the growth of bacteria and germs which may lead to diseases.
The best hot cold water dispenser models are designed to operate at a given temperature range. Sometimes what is written by the manufacturer is different from the actual output temperature. This is the more reason you should buy from reputable sellers only.
Ease of Use: This is another important thing to consider when shopping for the best water cooler dispenser. You shouldn’t waste time trying to understand its mode of operation. It should be user-friendly so that it can be used easily and conveniently.
Safety Feature: The best water dispenser for home with children should be equipped with safety features to keep the children from getting hurt after they might have pressed the hot water button ignorantly.
The durability of the dispenser will be largely determined by its material of construction. Moreover, the product must be well-built in accordance with the existing engineering standards and conventions.
If you’re using a bottom or top loading water dispenser, you may not have to invest in a filtration system. However, if you’re connecting your dispenser directly to the water source, then you’ll need a water filter that can remove sediments, chlorine, lead, and other particles that make the water unsafe for drinking.
Hot vs Cool Water Dispenser
Many of the top rated water dispensers on the market are designed to dispense both hot and cold water simultaneously. This means they’re equipped with both the water heater and cooling system. Nevertheless, there are models that can provide cold or hot water only.
Our Top 10 Best Water Dispensers
After analyzing each of the top water dispenser models, we’ve categorized them according to types so that you can easily find the product that suits your specifications and budget. Read on to discover the products featured in our top ten.