What You Will Get Here
- What Is Undermount Kitchen Sinks?
- How Did We Pick the Best?
- What to Look for in the Best Undermount Kitchen Sinks?
- Our Top 10 Best Undermount Kitchen Sinks
- Overall Best: Kraus KHU100-30 Kitchen Sink
- Best Single Bowl Sink: Ruvati RVH7400 Undermount Kitchen Sink
- Best Uneven Double Bowl Sink: Kraus KBU24 32-Inch Kitchen Sink
- Best Even Double Bowl Sink: Ruvati RVM4350 Low-Divide Kitchen Sink
- Budget Friendly: Elkay ELGU2522WH0 Gourmet Undermount Sink
- Best for Professional: KOHLER Prolific K-5540-NA
- A List of 4 Other Undermount Kitchen Sink We Reviewed
- Undermount Sink Care and Maintenance Tips
- Final Words
What Is Undermount Kitchen Sinks?
The method of installation of the sink in relation to the countertop has given rise to the name undermount. They are installed directly under the kitchen countertop which in turn eliminates the existence of rim between the sink and the countertop. Their main material of construction includes stainless steel, copper, cast iron, and solid surface.
The first thing you’ll enjoy after buying the best undermount kitchen sink is the ease of cleaning since it will help unclog the sink easily as there is no build-up of debris. Moreover, it has a rim under the countertop to accommodate dirt from the counter.
Another important reason you’ll consider buying an undermount sink is that it takes less of your countertop space. This is because its rim is right under the sink to only allow a minimal opening.
The best undermount sinks have looks that you’ll always fall in love with. They’re one of the fittings in your kitchen that’ll be pleasing to the eye.
If you’re interested in getting this sink, it’s time you explored some of the best options available on the market by reading on.
How Did We Pick the Best?
The reason we’re putting up this review is to provide you with the necessary clues to buying the best undermount kitchen sink for the money.
So, how did we select our top picks? We started by reviewing and researching many products to ensure that we present you with the best stainless steel kitchen sinks reviews.
After spending over 20 hours on the web in search of various top rated undermount kitchen sinks on sale, we were able to list out 40 products for tests and analyses. We conducted some rigorous test on these products to understand their outstanding features.
Since we couldn’t test all the products ourselves, we had help from community-based volunteers who examined these products and provided us with feedback. Each of them was able to present their stainless steel undermount sink reviews from which we developed more understanding of the models as well as some of the things that each user will be looking for.
Some of the specific features that we analyzed on these products include depth, size, style, shape, material, durability, price, noise control, and new features. Then we listed the top 10 best undermount sink models based on their features, ratings, and price to quality ratio.
We consulted with other users as well as buyers on Amazon and other e-shops to check if their comments agree with our list. We are confident that this stainless steel sinks review will help you to buy the product that suits your preference.
What to Look for in the Best Undermount Kitchen Sinks?
Buying the best stainless steel undermount sink might not be easy as you think. It is important that what you get will give you the exact value for your money. However, by considering the following factors and concepts you’ll be more confident while making the order.
Size and Depth
The size and depth of your undermount sink are very important. It’s true you’ll really appreciate a kitchen sink that will allow you to wash different sizes of pots and dishes conveniently. Moreover, it must fit your kitchen cabinet perfectly.
The dimensions of your cabinet and your kitchen’s size will determine the size and depth of the sink you’re to buy. The best stainless steel sinks undermount should be able to handle the items you’ll be cleaning comfortably.
Material and Durability
- Stainless steel: Stainless steel is the most popular material for undermount kitchen sinks which is fueled by its durability and finishes. It blends perfectly with other fixtures in your kitchen. The best stainless steel sinks are lightweight, reliable, sturdy, and easy to clean.
- Granite: This is another material important material for undermount sinks. Their mode of manufacturing is much different from copper or stainless steel. Spreading a granite blend and acrylic on a resin base will provide you with a granite sink. It is resistant to scratch and stains which implies you’ll spend little time on cleaning. Fortunately, the combination of granite blend and resin base produces a heat resistant sink that can withstand a temperature of 540°F. Also, it is resistant to bacteria attack.
- Composite: You’ll find undermount sinks that are made by a combination of acrylic and polyester resins or granite and quartz. They have the advantage of lightness compared to granite sinks, scratch resistant, and available in diverse colors.
- Porcelain: What makes porcelain an ideal choice for kitchen sinks are its durability and heat resistant features. You should consider buying one that is coated with enamel to make the surface smoother and resistant to scratch.
- Ceramic: You might be surprised that ceramic would make a good undermount kitchen sink. This is a material that follows a strict production process to enhance its durability. This sink is made of heated clay making it scratch and heat resistant. It does not react to chemicals, and color will remain intact for its many years of use. It is resistant to bacteria attack and available in diverse colors for you to choose.
- Apron: Some of the best undermount stainless steel kitchen sink models have some hard surfaces which are also called apron with the same finish to enhance its durability and resistance to heat.
- Copper: This is another important undermount sink material for your choice. Its essential qualities are that it’s durable, rust-free, and resistant to scratch. It has a unique finish with time as patina is formed. It is resistant to viral growth or bacteria action. It’s the Best undermount kitchen sink for a family with children.
- Cast Iron: Interested in getting a durable, heat and scratch resistant undermount sink, cast iron sink with enamel finish is the choice to make. You’ll find them in many colors that suit your kitchen décor.
Style and Shape
- Single Basin: This is the most popular undermount kitchen sinks on the market. They come in different sizes which allows you to choose the best for the size of your counter. They’re cheap and easy to maintain and ideal for smaller kitchens. The only disadvantage is that it’ll not accommodate large pots and dishes conveniently.
- Double Basin: As the name implies, double bowl kitchen sinks are double the size of single basin making it more expensive. They’re partitioned into two making it easy to wash and store dishes simultaneously. In some cases, the two bowls are separated by a wall which may hinder your movements while handling larger dishes or pots. If the faucet is mounted directly above one of these bowls, you’ll mitigate the effect of this problem.
- Round Basin: They may not be very popular but their looks are mostly impressive. To install it, you’ll need a circular counter which is seldom available on the market.
- Farmhouse sink: Many of the top rated undermount kitchen sinks have aprons that complement the finishes. They’re very functional with a unique appearance. They’re deeper to allow you to wash large size dishes and pots with ease. The only thing you’ll dislike about this sink is that the apron surface will scratch over the years.
There’s no way you’ll completely avoid placing a hot pan or pot on your undermount sink. Thus, you’ll need to buy a model that can withstand such heat. The best undermount sinks are designed to handle a reasonable degree of heat.
You’ll not be comfortable with a sink that makes annoying sounds while the dishes are being washed. The level of noise is influenced by the gauge of the steel on the sink. It’s important to buy a sink with insulating foam or noise pads to keep the noise as low as possible.
You may consider buying undermount sinks with a brushed finish which tend to cover up stains and scratches. Moreover, you’ll find some with special technology to enhance its aesthetics as well as reduce their noise level.
Each manufacturer tends to add a certain touch and style to her products to enhance its uniqueness. You should consider buying from brands that are reputable for the durability and dependability of their products.
Many undermount kitchen sinks on the market are highly priced. It’s hard to find a cheap undermount kitchen sink that can withstand the rigorous daily usage. If you want a product that’ll serve you for long, it’ll be reasonable to be ready to pay the price.
Nevertheless, the sinks on this review are durable and functional yet very budget-friendly. So, you may not have to splash much cash to buy the best undermount kitchen sink.
Our Top 10 Best Undermount Kitchen Sinks
When you’re to buy undermount kitchen sink, it’s important to find one that will handle your kitchen tasks effectively. Therefore, we’ve carefully analyzed the top undermount kitchen sinks on sale so that you’ll easily pick out the product that suits your preference.