If you’re upgrading your kitchen interior or doing some renovation in that area, an undermount sink can add a touch of class to your kitchen. These sinks are usually made of high-quality metals and look absolutely sleek offering tons of next-level features. On top of that, they are super easy to clean and designed so ergonomically that you can operate them guided by your intuitions. For many, and I'm no different, it's all about the experience of living space that matters, and these sinks can dramatically change the cooking environment.
Since our tastes are different, here we’ll be outlining some of the major factors that’ll help you identify the best undermount kitchen sink from a wide range of options. The FaucetsReviewed team has also shortlisted top 10 products based on a thorough testing procedure. You will find our list here and easily compare them to see which one suits your needs the most.
So, sit tight. Let’s ride along.
Why Trust Us
FaucetsReviewed is a hub for a bunch of innovative interior designers and plumbing experts who've been working in this field for more than a decade. The reason people trust us is deeply grounded in our well-designed research protocol and the level of our dedication to unravel the facts about our reviewing units. Our dynamic team has access to versatile knowledge in the field of home decor and plumbing. This puts us ahead of the game.
We are not here for promoting any product or a particular brand or brands, instead, we stick to the facts that we derive from our testing of the reviewing units. The authenticity of our reviews and how-to blogs remains open for everyone to check and pass judgment on. Our mission is to provide our audience with all the useful information about a product required for making a wise buying choice.
Our Product Selection Process
Here at FaucetsReviewed, we always follow a comprehensive product testing procedure to make sure our audience finds our effort very reliable and useful.
At first, we spent over 25 hours on the web in search of the top-rated models for sale. That way, we were able to list down 25 such popular products that we had decided to test ourselves. Over the next few months, we rigorously tested each one of these products.
However, since we couldn’t test all the products ourselves, we took help from community-based volunteers who also examined a few of the models and provided us with valuable feedback. The features that we mainly analyzed included their depth, size, style, shape, material, durability, and price. This is because these were the features that could separate a good unit from a bad one. After that, we were able to list the top 10 models based on their performance, features, durability, and price-to-quality ratio.
But we didn't stop there. We also consulted with other experts as well as buyers on Amazon and other e-shops to check if their comments agreed with our list. After such a thorough procedure, we are confident that this review guide will definitely help you find the right model as per your own preference.
Our Top 10 Best Undermount Kitchen Sink List
So, what are the best undermount kitchen sinks? Here's the moment of truth. There's no one single model that can meet everyone's needs. That's whey we've a collection of them fully reviewed for you. Go through each one of them and get familiar with their features, functions, and overall quality based on our user experience.
Other Notable Brands & Tested Models
We came across many other reputable brands and their popular models, not all of them made it to our list as we had scope for only 10. However, if you are up to further market research, these names must not be missed out on:
Schon (known for their Zero Radius model), Reece, Caple, AFA (known for Flow), Rangemaster, IKEA, Miligore, Corian, Smeg, Swanstone, Screwfix, Dakota, Contempo Living, Lenova, Sterling, Proflo, Howdens, Logmey, Z Sinks, VALISY, VCCUCINE, Lordear, Karran, Kichae, Hykolity, HOUZER, Astracast, Reginox, Kindred, Luxier, VESLA, Golden Vantage, BOCCHI, Phoenix, Ufaucet, Franke, AguaStella, Bokaiya, Sarlai, X Home, GEMINI, Fire Bird (FB), TORVA, Oliveri, STARSTAR, MR Direct, Sinkology, MENSARJOR, APPASO, Fireclay, ADA, Nantucket (known for their 15 x 15 model).
Other tested models worth noting:
Undermount Sink: Buying Guide
Buying a high-end sink is not so easy as you may think, especially when you want good value from your hard-earned money. Consider the following factors before you make an order and you won't have to worry about this anymore.
1. Size & Depth
The size and depth of your undermount sink are very important. It’s true you’ll really appreciate a kitchen sink that will allow you to wash different sizes of pots and dishes conveniently. Moreover, it must fit your kitchen cabinet perfectly.
The dimensions of your cabinet and your kitchen size will determine the sink's size and depth. Your preferred choice should be able to handle the items you’ll be cleaning comfortably and you should be able to unclog the sink easily if you notice any build-up of debris.
Most common sizes for single bowl include 16", 27", 27.5" (700mm), 25", 24", 29", 30", 16", 22", 21", 31", 40" and exra large 60" with depths including 6", 7", 10", and 12".
2. Material & Durability
- Stainless steel: Stainless steel is the most popular material due to its durability and finish. It nicely blends with other fixtures in your kitchen, whatever the theme is. These sinks are lightweight, reliable, sturdy, and easy to clean.
- Granite: This is another material important material for undermount sinks. Their mode of manufacturing is much different from copper or stainless steel. Spreading a granite blend and acrylic on a resin base will provide you with a granite composite sink. It is resistant to scratch and stains which implies you’ll spend little time on cleaning for it's strong solid surface. Fortunately, the combination of granite blend and resin base produces a heat resistant sink that can withstand a temperature of 540°F. Also, it is resistant to bacteria attack.
- Composite: You’ll find undermount sinks that are made by a combination of acrylic and polyester resins or granite and quartz. They have the advantage of lightness compared to granite sinks, scratch resistant, and available in diverse colors.
- Porcelain: What makes porcelain an ideal choice for kitchen sinks are its durability and heat resistant features. You should consider buying one that is coated with enamel to make the surface smoother and resistant to scratch.
- Ceramic: You might be surprised that ceramic would make a good undermount kitchen sink. This is a material that follows a strict production process to enhance its durability. This sink is made of heated clay making it scratch and heat resistant. It does not react to chemicals, and color will remain intact for its many years of use. It is resistant to bacteria attack and available in diverse colors for you to choose.
- Apron: Some of the models have hard surfaces which are also called apron with the same finish to enhance its durability and resistance to heat.
- Copper: This is another important material you can consider. Its essential qualities are that it’s durable, rust-free, and resistant to scratch. It has a unique finish with time as patina is formed. It is resistant to viral growth or bacteria action. It’s the best choice for families with kids.
- Cast Iron: Interested in getting a durable, heat and scratch resistant undermount sink, cast iron sink with enamel finish is the choice to make. You’ll find them in many colors that suit your kitchen décor.
- Brass: This material was common for vintage models. It puts on the color of gold and illuminate the kitchen. However, many stylish and classic designs can be found in modern times.
3. Style & Shape
- Single Basin: This is the most popular type of today preferred by most US households. They come in different sizes, allowing you to choose the right size for your counter. They’re cheap, easy to maintain, and ideal for smaller kitchens. The only disadvantage is that it’ll not accommodate large pots and dishes conveniently. For aesthetics, square shaped single sinks steal the show. But functionally, the rectangular are preferable.
- Double Basin: As the name implies, double bowl kitchen sinks are double the size of single basin making it more expensive. They’re partitioned into two making it easy to wash and store dishes simultaneously. In some cases, the two bowls are separated by a low-divide wall which may hinder your movements while handling larger dishes or pots. If the faucet is mounted directly above one of these bowls, you’ll mitigate the effect of this problem. The butterfly shape in double-basin design is getting popular.
- Round Basin: They may not be very popular but their looks are mostly impressive. To install it, you’ll need a circular counter which is seldom available on the market.
- Farmhouse sink: Many of the recent models have aprons that complement the finishes. They’re very functional with a unique appearance. They’re deeper to allow you to wash large size dishes and pots with ease. The only thing you’ll dislike about this sink is that the apron surface will scratch over the years. Also, farm sinks don't have drying areas or drainboards like the regular models.
4. Heat Resistance
There’s no way you’ll completely avoid placing a hot pan or pot on your undermount sink. Thus, you’ll need to buy a model that can withstand such heat.
5. Noise Control
You’ll not be comfortable with a sink that makes annoying sounds while the dishes are being washed. The level of noise is influenced by the gauge of the steel on the sink. It’s important to buy a sink with insulating foam or noise pads to keep the noise as low as possible.
6. Latest Features
You may consider buying undermount sinks with a brushed finish which tend to cover up stains and scratches. Moreover, you’ll find some with special technology to enhance its aesthetics as well as reduce their noise level.
Each manufacturer tends to add a certain touch and style to her products to enhance its uniqueness. You should consider buying from brands that are reputable for the durability and dependability of their products.
The price range may vary between $150 to as much as $1300. We would say those costing around $300 are good enough for everyday use.
Care & Maintenance
Care and maintenance is the key to the longevity and continuous functionality of fitting and appliance in our homes including an undermount sink. There’re always rules you’d follow to ensure that your sink is maintained properly.
First, ensure that the sink is wiped properly using a soft cloth dipped in soapy water after each use. This will prevent spot stains from marring the sink and helps to maintain its looks.
Second, you should pay attention to the part that is just beneath the overhang. You should dip a soft cloth in a bleach solution to clean it effectively. It’ll be very nice if you can do this at least two times a month.
If you have a sink opening that is a bit larger than normal, the truth is that some of its parts will be revealed which will be difficult to maintain. You should clean the parts that are revealed every day since they tend to harbor more dirt. Sometimes, you’re cleaning routine will be determined by the type of sink you have.
Another important point to note is to prevent your garbage disposal from being blocked by food particles. This, you’ll do by controlling the size of what you dispose of down there.
Ensure that you’re using the suitable cleaning agent for the sink. Perhaps you should stick to the manufacturer’s recommended cleaning agents only.
Having a custom sink grid will greatly reduce the scratches that may occur on its surface. It helps to keep things coming directly in contact with the bottom of the sink.
It's Time to Wrap Up
We are confident that our in-depth reviews will provide you with every information you’ll need to buy the best undermount kitchen sink for your sweet home.
You may not have to go for the most expensive or the largest sink of the market. Instead, what you’ll do is buying a model that suits your kitchen décor and your budget.
All of the models we’ve highlighted here have the same things in common and these are durability, efficiency, impressive looks, and affordability.
Our top choice is the Kraus KHU100-30. It is made of high-grade stainless steel which is durable and dependable. It comes in a satin finish which is resistant to stains, dirt, and scratches. Moreover, it produces little or no noise while it’s in use.
If you’re a professional cook or interested in equipping your home with a sink with special features, you may opt for the KOHLER Prolific undermount kitchen sink. This sink is unique in many ways you can never imagine. It is sturdy, durable, and highly functional. It comes with a bamboo wood that serves as an extra workspace among other accessories.
Interestingly, the kitchen is one of the places in your home where you’ll likely spend a significant amount of time. So, it is important to always shop for a sink that will match your cooking style, lifestyle, and décor.