What You Will Get Here
- What to Look for in an Undermount Sink?
- How Did We Pick These Products?
- Our Top 10 Product List
- Top Pick: Kraus KHU100-30
- Top Single Bowl Choice: Ruvati RVH7400
- Top Uneven Double Bowl Choice: Kraus KBU24
- Top Even Double Bowl Choice: Ruvati RVM4350
- Budget-Friendly: Elkay Quartz Classic ELGU2522WH0
- Top Workstation Choice: KOHLER Prolific K-5540-NA
- A List of 4 Other Sinks We Reviewed
- A List of Other Products We Tested
- Care & Maintenance
- Final Words
What to Look for in an Undermount Sink?
Buying a high-end sink is not so easy as you may think, especially when you want good value from your hard-earned money. Consider the following factors before you make an order and you won't have to worry about this anymore.
1. Size & Depth
The size and depth of your undermount sink are very important. It’s true you’ll really appreciate a kitchen sink that will allow you to wash different sizes of pots and dishes conveniently. Moreover, it must fit your kitchen cabinet perfectly.
The dimensions of your cabinet and your kitchen size will determine the sink's size and depth. Your preferred choice should be able to handle the items you’ll be cleaning comfortably and you should be able to unclog the sink easily if you notice any build-up of debris.
2. Material & Durability
- Stainless steel: Stainless steel is the most popular material due to its durability and finish. It nicely blends with other fixtures in your kitchen, whatever the theme is. These sinks are lightweight, reliable, sturdy, and easy to clean.
- Granite: This is another material important material for undermount sinks. Their mode of manufacturing is much different from copper or stainless steel. Spreading a granite blend and acrylic on a resin base will provide you with a granite sink. It is resistant to scratch and stains which implies you’ll spend little time on cleaning. Fortunately, the combination of granite blend and resin base produces a heat resistant sink that can withstand a temperature of 540°F. Also, it is resistant to bacteria attack.
- Composite: You’ll find undermount sinks that are made by a combination of acrylic and polyester resins or granite and quartz. They have the advantage of lightness compared to granite sinks, scratch resistant, and available in diverse colors.
- Porcelain: What makes porcelain an ideal choice for kitchen sinks are its durability and heat resistant features. You should consider buying one that is coated with enamel to make the surface smoother and resistant to scratch.
- Ceramic: You might be surprised that ceramic would make a good undermount kitchen sink. This is a material that follows a strict production process to enhance its durability. This sink is made of heated clay making it scratch and heat resistant. It does not react to chemicals, and color will remain intact for its many years of use. It is resistant to bacteria attack and available in diverse colors for you to choose.
- Apron: Some of the models have hard surfaces which are also called apron with the same finish to enhance its durability and resistance to heat.
- Copper: This is another important material you can consider. Its essential qualities are that it’s durable, rust-free, and resistant to scratch. It has a unique finish with time as patina is formed. It is resistant to viral growth or bacteria action. It’s the best choice for families with kids.
- Cast Iron: Interested in getting a durable, heat and scratch resistant undermount sink, cast iron sink with enamel finish is the choice to make. You’ll find them in many colors that suit your kitchen décor.
3. Style & Shape
- Single Basin: This is the most popular type of today preferred by most US households. They come in different sizes, allowing you to choose the right size for your counter. They’re cheap, easy to maintain, and ideal for smaller kitchens. The only disadvantage is that it’ll not accommodate large pots and dishes conveniently.
- Double Basin: As the name implies, double bowl kitchen sinks are double the size of single basin making it more expensive. They’re partitioned into two making it easy to wash and store dishes simultaneously. In some cases, the two bowls are separated by a wall which may hinder your movements while handling larger dishes or pots. If the faucet is mounted directly above one of these bowls, you’ll mitigate the effect of this problem.
- Round Basin: They may not be very popular but their looks are mostly impressive. To install it, you’ll need a circular counter which is seldom available on the market.
- Farmhouse sink: Many of the recent models have aprons that complement the finishes. They’re very functional with a unique appearance. They’re deeper to allow you to wash large size dishes and pots with ease. The only thing you’ll dislike about this sink is that the apron surface will scratch over the years.
4. Heat Resistance
There’s no way you’ll completely avoid placing a hot pan or pot on your undermount sink. Thus, you’ll need to buy a model that can withstand such heat.
5. Noise Control
You’ll not be comfortable with a sink that makes annoying sounds while the dishes are being washed. The level of noise is influenced by the gauge of the steel on the sink. It’s important to buy a sink with insulating foam or noise pads to keep the noise as low as possible.
6. Latest Features
You may consider buying undermount sinks with a brushed finish which tend to cover up stains and scratches. Moreover, you’ll find some with special technology to enhance its aesthetics as well as reduce their noise level.
Each manufacturer tends to add a certain touch and style to her products to enhance its uniqueness. You should consider buying from brands that are reputable for the durability and dependability of their products.
The price range may vary between $150 to as much as $1300. We would say those costing around $300 are good enough for everyday use.
How Did We Pick These Products?
So, wondering how did we select our top picks? Here at Faucets Reviewed we always follow a comprehensive product testing process to make sure our audience finds our effort very reliable and useful.
At first, we spent over 20 hours on the web in search for the top rated models on sale. We were able to list down 25 such popular products that we had decided to test ourselves. Over the next few months, we rigorously tested each one of these products.
However, since we couldn’t test all the products ourselves, we took help from community-based volunteers who also examined few of the models and provided us with valuable feedback. The features that we mainly analyzed on these products included their depth, size, style, shape, material, durability, and price. This is because these were the features that could separate a good choice from a bad one. After that, we were able to list the top 10 models based on their performance, features, durability, and price-to-quality ratio.
But we didn't stop there. We also consulted with other experts as well as buyers on Amazon and other e-shops to check if their comments agree with our list. After such a thorough procedure, we are confident that this review will definitely help you find the right product as per your own preference.
Our Top 10 Product List
Here comes our shortlisted choices. Go through each one of them and get familiar with their features, functions, and overall quality based on our user experience.