What You Will Get Here
- Why Use Shower Faucets?
- What to Look for in a Shower Faucet?
- Our Top 10 Product List
- Top Choice: Delta Faucet Lahara T17238-RB
- Budget Choice: Delta Faucet Windemere BT14296-OB
- Top Combo Set: SR SUN RISE SRSH-F5043
- Advanced Choice: Delta Faucet Dryden T14251-RB
- A List of 6 Other Products We Reviewed
- Care and Maintenance Guide
- Final Words
Why Use Shower Faucets?
A shower faucet is a special unit in the bathroom with different heads to produce streams of water in different ways, providing you with a quality and fulfilling showering time.
Having great models in your household will provide you with a feeling of confidence for each showering session because of its high-quality cleaning and soothing abilities.
Moreover, the right design tends to blend with your bathroom’s décor, making it more beautiful and attractive.
These faucets are designed to deliver high-pressure sprays with minimal water consumption. Recent technological advancements in the designs of shower heads have been reflective in water usage, which is often about a gallon per minute without compromising on the water pressure.
The high-end models are equipped with special components that prevent the buildup of hard water deposits and in the removal of lime scales.
What to Look for in a Shower Faucet?
Here are the things you should keep in mind when scouring through an unlimited range of choices for shower faucets.
This is the most important thing to consider and there are three major styles - traditional, transitional, and modern. The level of fun you’ll have in your bathtub will be determined by your faucet's style.
Modern faucets have various waterfall designs with more angular shapes. The handle and spout of traditional style faucets are mostly curved. You may opt for a shower with adjustable controls to regulate the temperature and water flow. You have to ensure that your preferred style matches well with your bathroom decor.
2. Material & Finish
The type of material used in its construction will determine the durability of your faucet. Most of today's model are made of lead-free brass to enhance its longevity.
The finish will contribute to its looks and durability. They’re available in chrome, brass, nickel, matte, bronze, etc.
The most popular is the chrome finish which offers a reflective surface but can be easily stained by water spots. The brass finish gives off a golden color that matches with your traditional bathroom style. One of the reasons many people prefer the matte black finish is because of its ability to conceal dirt for long.
If your home is new, you’re free to choose any faucet that suits your tastes. However, if you’re replacing an old faucet, the new model must have the same installation holes as the old for it to fit perfectly.
4. Quality of Plumbing
It’s important to consider the quality of your existing plumbing before getting a complete kit. There’s the likelihood that older plumbing on the walls may not match with the latest faucet styles. Thus, there’ll be a need for additional plumbing work to support your new faucet.
Another feature of the shower faucet that you shouldn’t ignore is the number of handles. One of the things that’ll make you opt for a two-handle faucet is the ease of adjusting the temperature. However, a single handle offers a sleeker and modern appearance.
6. Mounting Option
The most widely used methods of shower faucet’s installation include the deck, wall, and floor mounts.
Deck mount types require two holes for them to be mounted on the upper rim of the tub. The floor mount faucets are positioned on the ground while the spray heads are over the tub.
Last but not least is the wall mount type which is installed on the nearest wall to the bathtub. It does not require any drilling of holes on the tub and allows complete access to the water pipes behind the wall.
7. Type of Shower Head
- Rainfall: Here, the fixture is located at some distance over your head to offer the experience of showering in the rain. The water pressure is often low even though the head is a little wide. The effect is a gentle pour that sends the water from the head down to the feet.
- Multi-choice: Just as the name implies, it comes with different shower heads that can be switched based on the experience that you need. You can enjoy a mist, massage of varying degree.
- Multi Spray Jets: You'll find many high-end models fitted with both shower and spray heads. It allows you to enjoy the experience of having varying streams of water on your body. It’ll interest you that these multi-spray fixtures are the price with single shower head faucets.
- Electronic Showers: They are equipped with LED lights and Bluetooth speakers to give you a more refreshing feeling. The good thing is that they’re mostly powered by the water flowing through the faucet.
Measuring the dimensions of your bathroom is very important as it will help you decide on the size of the tub and shower faucet to buy. If your showering area is small, you shouldn’t buy a large model.
9. Warranty & Certification
We highly recommend you buy a model that has at least 5-years warranty and some certifications to guarantee its safety.
The price range is between 50 to 300 dollars based on the brand and quality of a model. There is no doubt that your budget will mainly determine your choice.
Our Top 10 Product List
Here are our shortlisted choices we are finally revealing to you! Carefully go through all the options to find your right match.