What You Will Get Here
- Why Use Commercial Kitchen Faucets?
- Things to Consider When Buying These Faucets
- Our Top 10 Product List
- Our Top Choice: Kraus KPF-1610SS
- Top Pre Rinse Choice: Moen 5923
- Budget-Friendly: Fapully Commercial Pull Down Faucet
- Top Wall Mount Choice: JZBRAIN Wall Mount Pre-Rinse
- A List of 6 Other Products We Reviewed
- Care & Maintenance
- Final Words
Why Use Commercial Kitchen Faucets?
An industrial kitchen faucet is made to be used in the food industry because of its extreme versatility, durability, functionality, and ability to withstand high water pressure. However, it can still be used at home, especially if you’re the type that loves cooking or owns a large household. Here are the reasons to try them:
- It is made of strong and durable materials making it tough enough to withstand prolonged hours of usage in an industrial environment.
- It can handle higher water pressure which is very essential in situations that demand huge water pressure difference.
- It is unique in all qualities bringing a great difference to your kitchen’s setting and appearance.
- If you’re planning to host friends for a party or dinner, this type will be helpful to complete your kitchen tasks on time.
- They’re easy to set up and use. You’ll discover that most of these fixtures come with easy-to-install features as well as taps that allow for ease of temperature adjustments.
- Another important advantage is its full warranty coverage. Most come with at least a 5-year warranty and sometimes even a lifetime warranty.
- They are usually easy to clean and maintain. Their spray heads are often made of rubber, making it difficult for the buildup of hard water deposits. Moreover, they have surfaces resistant to scratches, corrosion, rust, and fingerprint stains.
- These units generally come with two spray patterns that can perform different tasks. While one is the same as the regular type, the other is much narrower and delivers higher pressure for the removal of seemingly tough stains.
There are different types of kitchen faucets on the market, making it difficult to choose the right one for your needs. However, as you continue reading, you’ll be closer to the path of making an informed decision.
Things to Consider When Buying These Faucets
Commercial kitchen faucets are available in different styles and sizes to enhance the look and functionality of your kitchen.
Basically, commercial kitchen faucets are available in three styles which include a widened faucet with spout and cold water and hot water valves positioned at the top. Also, is the dual handle faucet which has the spout and each of the valves mounted on one base. The third style is the single handle faucet with a single knob at the spout to control the hot and cold water valves.
2. Quality & Finish
Another important thing to consider is the quality and finish. Whether you’ll be buying one with a matte, chrome or stainless steel finish, the major thing is that it should be durable as well as blend with your kitchen. The quality and appearance of the faucet will make a great difference to your kitchen.
3. Material & Durability
Since these types are designed for heavy use, they’re made with durable materials to enhance their safety of use, dependability, and durability. The plastic parts may not be very durable but the entire body is manufactured from brass which is strong, safe and resistant to corrosion.
The height of the spout is very important when considering the perfect industrial style kitchen for home and restaurant. The height should be at least between 8 to 10 inches which will depend on your quantity of servings and the available space around the sink.
5. Water Pressure
You should pay attention to its water pressure rating. Make sure that the water pressure from your supply system will match with that of your new faucet model.
While most models come with single or double handles, others are hands-free. You can choose to buy one with a single handle which can operate both hot and cold water valves. However, faucets with separate handles are easier to operate but a little difficult to maintain. Hands-free handles are a bit different from the regular design, but will add value and modernity to your kitchen. Nevertheless, they’re often expensive.
The two widely known spray heads are the pull-out and pull down. With them, you’ll enjoy better functionality of the unit. Interestingly, the pull-out sprayer can be used easily and helps to keep the faucet fixed. The pull-down spray allows you to enjoy better reach and maneuverability by dropping the wand at any time.
The level of coverage in the sink is enhanced by the rotation of the spouts. Many of the professional and semi pro models can rotate 360° while others can only handle 180° rotations. This feature is very important if you’re having a dual basin sink to enhance the water coverage.
You can choose either the deck mount or the wall mount depending on your needs. The deck mount is the most popular as it allows you to install your faucet behind the sink right on its surface. With the wall mount, the faucet is mounted on a wall but behind the sink at a given height. It is often used by large family households and in commercial kitchens with bigger pots.
You’ll require a single hole to install this type of faucet. But if your sink has up to three holes, it can be mounted on the deck plate. Ensure that your faucet holes and the sinkhole do match perfectly to avoid the difficulty of having to drill fresh holes on the sink.
10. Warranty & Price
The high-end models are a little pricier than your regular faucets. The prices range varies between $50 to $300 based on the build quality, features, functionality, and brand.
Another important thing to note is the warranty on the product. You should buy from manufacturers that offer good warranty coverage as well as prompt response to your questions and complaints.
Our Top 10 Product List
Here is our final list that we prepared after a thorough reviewing process. We recommend that you carefully go through each product to see which one might suit your individual needs the most.