What You Will Get Here
- What to Look for in the Best Bathtub Faucet?
- How Did We Pick the Best?
- Our Top 10 Best Bathtub Faucets
- Best Overall: Delta Faucet RP17453 Delta TUB SPOUT
- Best Budget: American Standard 8888026.002 Aqua Plumb Tub Spout
- Best Wall Mount Faucet: Kingston Brass ks266c Tub and Shower Faucet
- Best Tubwall Mount Faucet: Proplus Diverter Clawfoot Tub Faucet
- Best Floor Mount Faucet: Senlesen Stainless Steel Floor Mounted Bathtub Faucet
- Best Roman Faucet: Moen Eva Two-Handle High-Arc Roman Tub Faucet
- A List of 4 Other Bathtub Faucets We Reviewed
- Tub Faucet Care and Maintenance
- Final Words
What to Look for in the Best Bathtub Faucet?
Buying a good quality bathtub faucet could be confusing especially if you have no experience with them. So, if you really want to get the best for your home, you might have to look at the following features and concepts before buying.
- Deck mount faucets: These faucets are mounted on the top rim of the tubs. The installation will require double faucet holes with distances that will be determined by the tub. It is important to get the exact measurement of the distance between the holes on the tub to know it’s the ideal faucet. In most cases, top mount bathtub faucet requires an underground or floor type pipes for its connection.
- Wall mount faucets: Just as the name implies, these faucets are mounted directly on the closest wall to the bathtub. It does not have any direct contact with the bathtub and will not require any installation holes on the tub. If your water supply lines are connected on the walls, you should consider buying a wall mount faucet to eliminate the need for additional plumbing work.
- Tub wall mount faucets: They’re installed on the holes on the wall of the bathtub. The water lines must be connected to the faucet through the floor. Thus, you’ll need an underground water pipe to use the faucet.
- Floor mount faucets: They’re often mounted on the floor with its spout extending above the rim of the bathtub. It requires underground water pipes for its connection to the water source. They don’t require faucet holes since they have no contact with the bathtubs. This gives you the flexibility of deciding the best spot for its installation.
- Ceiling mount faucets: These faucets are mounted directly on the ceiling. It offers you the opportunity to decide the proximity of your faucet to the bathtub. Its greatest advantage is that it’ll not be messed by water spot stains. However, reaching the ceiling to clean the surface may be tedious at times.
- Roman faucets: They’re often mounted at points closest to the bathtub and must be paired with Jacuzzi or drop-in tubs. They require a minimum of three faucet holes before it can be installed. The handle and the spout are installed at different positions. Since it requires more space, it’s seldom installed on the rim of the tub.
Style & Design
The style and design of the faucet determine your level of satisfaction with the product. You’ll find a traditional, contemporary, or modern faucet for your home. Whichever choice you make should match with your bathroom décor and lifestyle.
Mostly, modern bathtub fixtures are more angular with waterfall showerheads and sharp corners. The handles of the traditional faucets are rather ornate while the spouts are curved. The only thing that can influence your style of a faucet is your taste and preference.
You should only buy bathtub faucet after you’ve decided on the type of surface you want. Interestingly, the finish should match with your bathroom décor. Some of the colors available for you to choose from include.
- Chrome finish: The surface is often reflective and can be cleaned easily by wiping with a moist soft cloth. However, it can be marred by water spot stains.
- Brass: It has a bright golden color. So, if you want something that is a little retro, this is the choice to make.
- Brushed-chrome finish: Its appearance is like that of chrome but it’s a little dark which limits the silvery glow of the chrome finish.
- Nickel: It can be likened to chrome but it looks a lot warmer. It’s available in both a reflective and brushed finish.
- Bronze: It’s a little dark compared to brass but looks more traditional and luxurious.
Spout Arc Height
Each of the models will come with its spout’s height rating which helps you to determine how tall your spout will be from the tub.
Number of Handles
A 2 handle bathtub faucet is more ideal for water and temperature control. However, a single handle is modern and sleeker.
Ease of Installation and Maintenance
If you’re replacing an old model, you should save the cost of remodeling the plumbing connections by buying a faucet with a similar installation as the old model. Similarly, you wouldn’t be required to drill extra holes if the models are the same.
However, if your home is new, you can easily choose a faucet you desire. If you’ll be cleaning your faucet more often, it’s ideal that you install it in a place that is within your reach. Moreover, some faucet finishes are easier to clean than others.
Warranty and Certification
You look for a bathtub faucet that is well-made and will last for long. You’ll find the warranty information on the product or on the manufacturer’s website. Ensure your product come with at least 5-years warranty. In addition, the best tub faucets should meet the minimum safety standards and certifications.
There are expensive and cheap bathtub faucet models out there. It is important to know that many of the cheap models are poor in quality and cannot last long. There’s a greater gain if you invest a little more to shop for the right product. The models on this list are of medium price with a quality that can last a lifetime.
How Did We Pick the Best?
We started with extensive web research to discover the most renowned bathtub faucets brands on the market. Having spent about 20 hours on the web, we were able to list down 40 products which we will focus on to understand their most positive features.
Our aim was to narrow down our list to the top 10 best bathtub faucets on the market. Therefore, our criteria for the selection were based on its mounting option, style, design, finish, spout’s height, number of handles, ease of maintenance and installation, warranty, and price.
Since we couldn’t test all the products ourselves, we sought the help of community-based volunteers to rate the products and provide their feedback based on the given criteria.
With the information from our personal test and experience, comments and ratings from the buyers, reports from the volunteers as well as other homeowners, we were able to list down the top 10 best tub faucets on the market.
Interestingly, when we compared our list with the views and opinions of buyers and various users of this product on Amazon and other e-shops, we discovered that we weren’t far from the truth.
Do you intend to shop right away? perhaps you should read through the next section to develop more ideas on what to expect in your ideal bathtub faucet.
Our Top 10 Best Bathtub Faucets
We have categorized our top picks according to installation type, price, and styles. Each of their features and specifications is discussed in the reviews to simplify your task of choosing.