Bathtub faucets have become part of our daily routine. The first place we visit once we’re out of bed in the morning is the bathroom and it is still the last place we visited before retiring to after the busy day. We tend to enjoy each cleaning and bathing session by using the Best Bathtub Faucets.
Installing these faucets in your home may not be as easy as you think because of the numerous options available on the market. You’ve nothing to worry about, we have it all taken care of in this buying guide.
By going through our reviews, you’ll be in a better position to choose the best model for your home.
Why You Should Trust Us
You may find yourself deep in the mire when buying bathroom fittings and fixtures from so many options out there. It's difficult to decide depending on online reviews alone since you don't know which one to believe and which one to not. Fret not, we've got your back!
We're an expert team of plumbers, homeowners, interior designers, and renovation experts. We've spent the whole of our adult lives in this industry. We've been using, testing and reviewing different sinks, faucets, and other plumbing equipment for over 5 years now. Our experience is our strength and we try to impart this hard-earned practical knowledge to the readers through our reviews and buyers guide, here at Faucets Reviewed.
Most importantly, as no monetary gain is involved, we give unbiased reviews as per our selection criteria. We promote only the deserving models through a rigorous testing process that we've explained in the "How Did We Pick These Products?" section.
Besides, we write blogs to benefit our audience. Each of our articles and reviews is comprehensive and contains the information you need. We're confident that you'll be able to make an educated decision and find the best product through our website. To learn more about our team please visit the About Us page of the site.
How Did We Pick These Products?
We started with extensive web research to discover the most renowned bathtub faucet models of that time. Having spent about 20 hours on the web, we were able to list down 28 such products that we planned to review ourselves.
Since we couldn’t manage all the products ourselves, we sought the help of community-based volunteers to test and rate the model and provide their feedback. It took us almost 4 months to finish the testing process and by then, we got clear idea about the overall performance of every faucet.
Next, with the information from our personal test and experience, comments and ratings from other buyers, reports from the volunteers as well as other homeowners, we were able to list down the top 10 best tub faucets on the market.
Interestingly, when we compared our list with the views and opinions of buyers and various users of this product on Amazon and other e-shops, we discovered that we weren’t far from the truth.
Our Top 10 Best Bathtub Faucets
Still wondering what is the best bathroom faucet? Carefully check out each product to find the right match.
Other Notable Brand & Tested Models
We came across hundreds of other reputable brands and their popular product lines. Not all of them made it to our final list as we had scope for only 10. So, let’s take this space to mention them in case you want to delve deeper into the market:
Central Brass (known for their laundry models), Mixet, Pegasus, Brizo, Kohler (known for Purist tub filler), and Gerber.
Other hot sellers:
Builders Shoppe, Sumerain (known for Roman Models), Danco, Peerless, American Standard, Aolemi, Kingzz Corporation, HOMELODY, Laguna Brass, SKOWLL, ZOEHE, KunMai, KES Sanitary Ware, Daryl, Lovedima, CREA, Plumb Pak, Hiendure, Rozin, Wowkk, BULUXE, Gotonovo, WOODBRIDGE, Victoria, Aqualife, Serenade, Homary, CO-Z, Dr Faucet, DEOLER, Yasu Sanitaryware Co., Ltd., FUZ, Artbath, Jiuzhuo, TINAGO, APPASO, Sprinkle, One Again, TC Sportline, Greenspring, Gabrylly, Widespread, Victoria, Hongala, PARLOS, Yawhite, Senlesen, HIMK, and JinYuZe.
Other tested models:
What to Look for in a Bathtub Faucet?
Like any other plumbing fixtures, water filters, and water coolers, buying a good quality bathtub faucet could be confusing especially if you have no experience with them. So, if you really want to get the best for your home, you might have to look at the following features and concepts before buying.
Type of Installation
- Deck mount faucets: These faucets are mounted on the top rim of the tubs. The installation will require double faucet holes with distances that will be determined by the tub. It is important to get the exact measurement of the distance between the holes on the tub to know it’s the ideal faucet. In most cases, top mount bathtub faucet requires an underground or floor type pipes for its connection. They are usually less than 10-inch in length.
- Wall mount faucets: Just as the name implies, these faucets are mounted directly on the closest wall to the bathtub. They have great utility value. They usually do not have any direct contact with the bathtub and will not require any installation holes on the tub. If your water supply lines are connected on the walls, you should consider buying a wall mount faucet to eliminate the need for additional plumbing work. Make sure you maintain the right distance when fitting the shower attachment.
- Tub wall mount faucets: They’re installed on the holes on the wall of the bathtub. The water lines must be connected to the faucet through the floor. Thus, you’ll need an underground water pipe to use the faucet like that one you need for a bathroom sink faucet.
- Floor mount faucets: They’re often mounted on the floor with the spout extending above the rim of the bathtub. It requires underground water pipes for its connection to the water source. They don’t require faucet holes since they have no contact with bathtubs. This gives you the flexibility of deciding the best spot for its installation.
- Ceiling mount faucets: These faucets are mounted directly on the ceiling. It offers you the opportunity to decide the proximity of your faucet to the bathtub. Its greatest advantage is that it’ll not be messed by water spot stains. However, reaching the ceiling to clean the surface may be tedious at times.
- Roman faucets: They’re often mounted at points closest to the bathtub and must be paired with Jacuzzi or drop-in tubs. They require a minimum of three faucet holes before it can be installed. The handle and the trim aren't universal and installed at different positions. Since it requires more space, it’s seldom installed on the rim of the tub.
Style & Design
The style and design of your tub determine what type your faucet should be. There are different types of tubs (e.g. walk-in, air, combination, soaker, etc.) with different types of tub faucets. You’ll find a traditional, contemporary, antique, and modern designs with pull out and pull down setups. Whichever choice you make should match with your bathroom décor and lifestyle.
Modern bathtub fixtures usually are more angular with waterfall showerheads and sharp corners. The handles of the traditional faucets are rather ornate while the spouts (also known as spigots) are curved. There are also the freestanding or stand-alone faucet designs that not only look artistic but act as a focal point of the whole room.
The most common finishes of such fixtures include Gold, Chrome, Silver, Brushed Nickel, Biscuit, Bronze Black, Brass, Brushed Chrome, Brushed Nickel, Copper, Gold, Nickel, Stainless Steel and White.
Finish: Expensive Vs. Cheap Bathtub Faucet
You should only buy a mode after you’ve decided on the type of surface you want. Depending on the quality and finish of your sink surface you should choose your faucet. The finish should match with your bathroom décor too, even if you live in a mobile home or an RV. Some of the colors available for you to choose from include. Remember that expensive models shouldn’t be picked for less expensive tubs or bathroom interior.
- Chrome: The surface is often reflective and can be cleaned easily by wiping with a moist soft cloth. However, it can be marred by water spot stains.
- Brass: It has a bright golden color. So, if you want something that is a little vintage, this is the choice to make.
- Brushed Chrome: Its appearance is like that of chrome but it’s a little dark which limits the silvery glow of the chrome finish.
- Nickel: It can be likened to chrome but it looks a lot warmer. It’s available in both a reflective and brushed finish.
- Oil Rubbed Bronze: It’s a little dark compared to brass but looks more traditional and luxurious.
- Black/Matte Black: Black is always related to luxury and sophistication.
Spout Arc Height
Each of the models will come with its spout’s height rating that helps you determine how tall your spout will be from the tub.
Number of Handles
A 2 handle bathtub faucet is more ideal for water and temperature control while a 3 handle (also known as 3-knob) model has a handle as a diverter instead of a diverter that's located on the tub spout. However, a single handle is modern and sleeker.
Ease of Installation & Maintenance
If you’re replacing an old model, you should save the cost of remodeling the plumbing connections by buying a faucet with a similar installation as the old model. Similarly, you wouldn’t be required to drill extra holes if the models are the same.
However, if your home is new, you can easily make a good choice. If you’ll be cleaning your faucet more often, it’s ideal that you install it in a place that is within your reach. Moreover, some faucet finishes are easier to clean than others, such as the cast iron ones. If needed you can even use such faucet as shower using a converter.
Warranty & Certification
You look for a bathtub faucet that is well-made and will last for long. You’ll find the warranty information on the product or on the manufacturer’s website. Ensure your product come with at least 5-years warranty. In addition, the best tub faucets should meet the minimum safety standards and certifications.
There are expensive and cheap bathtub faucet models out there. It is important to know that many of the cheap models are poor in quality and cannot last long. There’s a greater gain if you invest a little more to shop for the right product. The models on this list are of medium price with a quality that can last a lifetime.
Tub Faucet: Care & Maintenance
To ensure that your new bathtub faucet maintains the sparkling looks and functions effectively for long, it should be cared for and maintained regularly. It is important to note that even the best tub faucets can be damaged easily if it is not cared for. Thus, by paying attention to the following tips, you’ll be able to enjoy the best of your bathroom at any time.
- Clean your faucet with a soft cloth dipped in soapy water. You can spray the soap water on it too before wiping. This will wipe off the water spot stains and keep shinning for long.
- Avoid the use of abrasive cleaners since they tend to tarnish the surface quickly. Learn how to clean the calcium deposits and rust properly.
- Ensure that you pay attention to the instructions on the use of the cleaning products.
- Household cleaning agents like strong bleaches should not be allowed to settle on the surface of the faucet for long.
- You may apply furniture polish on the surface of the faucet to ensure uniformity of its appearance as well as eliminate any fingerprint stains.
- Endeavor to replace the faucet with original parts that are provided by the manufacturers only.
- It is better to purchase a faucet that comes with a warranty since your worries in the event of damaged or broken parts will be reduced.
- We’d recommend using a water softener in your plumbing system. Among its multiple benefits, water softener removes the harmful magnesium, calcium, and iron ions from water and softens the water in a way that protects all types of plumbing fittings like water faucets and the likes.
Wrapping It Up
This bathtub faucet buying guide has been carefully prepared to ensure that you have no difficulty in making your decisions. If you’re yet to make up your mind on the product to buy, you may to a quick look at some of these products.
If you’re interested in buying a high-quality and easy to install wall mount faucet, you may consider the Delta Faucet RP17453 Tub Spout. It is affordable, well-made to last a lifetime. It comes in a chrome finish which is easy to clean and resistant to corrosion.
If you need a cheap bathtub faucet, you can opt for the American Standard 8888026.002 Aqua Plumb Tub Spout. It made of durable brass and comes in a polished chrome finish which looks very great and attractive. It works perfectly and slips tightly to the non-threaded pipe in the wall.
If you want a more elegant bathtub faucet, you may consider buying the Kingstone Brass KS266C Tub and Shower Combo. It features two handles and a ceramic disc cartridge to ensure that you enjoy a drip-free use. The spout reach is great and connects to both hot and cold water mixer pipes which are controlled independently. Moreover, it comes with a 59-inch handheld shower hose that allows you to enjoy each cleaning session.
Aside from these, there are also other models made by reputed manufacturers like Hansgrohe, Glacier Bay, Kohler, Pfister, Grohe, and Whirlpool. You can also consider those but they could not take place on this list because they did not do well when compared with our chosen ones.
Getting the best bathtub faucets is a task that you should make with utmost precision since you’ll likely spend a great part of your time of the day in the bathroom. Thus, we are confident that these bathtub faucet reviews will equip you with everything you’ll need to buy, install, use, and maintain your faucet.
So, what is the best bathtub faucet for you? It’s your choice to make.