Do you really want to remodel your kitchen and have no idea about how to do it?
Are you looking for the best kitchen flooring ideas online?
If so, your journey has come to an end. Follow this guide and choose the best kitchen flooring ideas that’ll help your kitchen stand out in every way!
Men and women nowadays are more conscious of their health than before, and so, they often make their own food.
Spending more time in the kitchen has been a common thing.
So, a comfortable and healthy kitchen floor is one of the prerequisites modern homeowners want to meet along with other demands.
If you spend more time in your kitchen standing and cooking food, the floor you stand on needs to be healthy and comfy.
Otherwise, you might have to suffer a back issue, which is often a curse in this busy life.
There are varieties of flooring methods present in the market.
You can choose one that suits your demand without exceeding the budget. Ten of those ideas have been suggested here with the required information.
10 Flooring Ideas for the Perfect Kitchen
2018 is the year for the best kitchen flooring trends. People spend thousands of dollars on their kitchen floor because they want it picture-perfect.
It’s not an easy job to have both user-friendly and stylish flooring within a budget, neither too big nor too lavish.
Not everyone going to urge for the hard, polished, cold surface, on the contrary, some will prefer soft padding walking friendly surface.
Flooring options can be divided into two major parts in order to, maintain public demand.
Top 5 Durable Flooring Options
- Rubber flooring
Top 5 Ergonomic Flooring Options
- Carpet tile
- Wood laminate
- ✪ 【Material & Size】: VEELIKE yellow marble peel and stick floor tiles are made of high quality and eco-friendly vinyl, harmless to health and environment. Size is 12" length by 12" width by 1.6mm thick. 1 tile=1 square feet, 12 tiles=12 square feet
- ✪ 【Durable & Realistic】: This floor sticker tiles are waterproof, oil-proof, moistureproof, fire-proof, anti-skidding, sturdy materials withstand high traffic area, no wax finish. The glossy marble pattern looks authentic and modern
- ✪ 【Easy to Install】: These are self-adhesive vinyl floor tiles, all you need to do is peel and stick on the target surface, a very quick and simple option for decoration and renovation. Its adhestion allows to readjust without leaving sticky residue, removable and washable to wipe and clean
- ✪ 【Cost-effective & Wide Application】: Instead of expensive and clumsy flooring tiles, this cost saving sticker tiles are a better alternative to renters or refurnishing project for floor, backsplash or walls in bathroom, bedroom, dining room, basement, garage, hobby room and so on
- ✪ 【Reliable Service】: VEELIKE values every single customer's opinion and always take their experience as a top concern. Should you have any questions before or after ordering, please do not hesitate to contact us through "Ask a question", our standard for responding to message is less than 24 hours
1. Rubber Kitchen Flooring
Rubber is a unique texture and combination of artificial elements. It has also a padded feel underfoot.
Rubber is a natural insulator against both temperature change and noise, making it a better option.
- Eco friendly
- Padded feel
- Rich in texture
- Denting or scratching is a possibility
- Durable finish repels water and moisture
Product and installation cost 2$ – 15$ dollars per sq foot depending on the materials.
This is more reasonable than other methods in the market. You should buy some spares for further replacements.
2. Stone Kitchen Flooring
Stone is naturally cool and ideal for tropical or hot regions.
It has a unique quality to remain cold in a hotter climate but if you install it in a cold climate, consider adding a subfloor heat radiant to warm the floors.
A hard surface does not harbor dust and allergens.
Stone offers a sense of permanence that actually rises above other flooring materials. You can find a large variety of stones with incredible definitions in colors and design.
Granite, Limestone, Marble, Slate, Travertine, and Stone tile are popular stones these days.
You can choose one, which suits your personality and home décor.
- Hard surface
- Easy to clean
- Dust, moist, allergens repellent
- Requires routine sealing
- Some of them are fragile and chip easily
Product and installation cost 10$ – 33$ per square foot depending on the materials you use.
3. Tile Kitchen Flooring
Tile is a great solution if you want a low-maintenance solution for your kitchen. Tile comes in a variety of designs and colors.
Today 12 square tiles are not the only size in the market.
Some of the modern tiles are large in size and rectangular in shape.
- Moisture resistant
- Easy to maintain
- Glassware or dishes are likely to shatter
- The Grout line will be hard to keep clean
Product and installation cost 8$ -15$ per sq foot. We highly recommend you hire professionals for the installation.
Buy an extra box for further replacement.
4. Vinyl Kitchen Flooring
Vinyl is reasonable for all ranges of customers because of its low-cost maintenance and variety of designs and colors.
You should try for the wood that resembled vinyl, the reason it’s hard to identify is its wood or something else.
- Water-proof and stain resistant
- Quick and easy installation
- No glue or adhesive
- Need a flawless floor to install
- Residential Warranty
Product and installation cost 5$ – 9$ per sq foot. Professionals needed to install it.
5. Concrete Kitchen Flooring
Concrete flooring is a common method used by most people around the world.
It can take a huge load for a high-traffic kitchen. There is no match for its deep tone and tough durability.
- Moisture resistant
- Resealing needed from time to time
- Not stain protected
Product and installation cost 2$ – 30$ per sq foot depending on the frame of preparation.
6. Bamboo Kitchen Flooring
Bamboo is a great eco-friendly material for those who like earthly elements for their home and kitchen.
It is a highly resistible and tough material for flooring. Bamboo grows early and is very easy to replace or maintain.
- Eco friendly
- Long warranty available
- Sustainable source
- Dent risk is higher than usual
Product and installation cost 8$ – 9$ per sq foot.
Because of its long guarantee, you can use Bamboo for your kitchen floor and it will save you money for extra replacements or maintenance.
7. Carpet Tile Flooring
The carpet was not the best solution among householders because of its EASY TO GET DIRTY tendencies.
Modern carpet tile already overcome all the shortcomings of its predecessors.
Designed and tested for industrial-grade usage in high-traffic areas.
The best thing is carpet tile can be removed for cleaning or replacement.
- Modern colors and patterns
- Innovative textures to hide stains
- Soft and padded
Product and installation cost 3$ – 5$ per sq foot. You don’t have to use carpet tile everywhere. Just use it in the main kitchen area.
8. Cork Flooring
Cork is one of the modern-day marvels of its time. In the past era, people only used it for capping purposes and other odd uses.
Now in the 21st century, cork work like magic, and its implementation is everywhere.
Using it as a floor seems a little odd but believe me, it is one of the most user-comfortable methods in the vicinity.
Cork is also a natural insulator for temperature and noise like rubber. Soft paddy feeling is also included in its character.
It has also a waxy character that repels Insects and pests. If you want budget-friendly equipment, cork is your number one solution.
- Attractive design and texture
- Eco friendly
- Pest repellent
- Soft Padding
Product and installation cost 3$ – 8$ per sq foot.
9. Wood Kitchen Flooring
Wood is the most demanding product for kitchen flooring. People are crazy to have a furnished wood floor in the kitchen. It has a rich flavor of nature.
Since the beginning of time, people love to have wood in their homes.
It’s become a tradition nowadays. Though wood has no comparison to any commodities at present, it has some shortcomings.
Tropical places or places that have excess humidity are heavily suggested to avoid wood components.
Wood in the kitchen is also a risky business because it needs to be protected from extra moisture.
- Can be refinished
- Added resale value
- Periodic maintenance needed
- Scratch easily
Product and installation cost 12$ – 20$ per sq foot. Avoid wider planks for coastal or tropical areas. It also reduces your cost.
10. Laminate Wood Kitchen Flooring
Laminate wood is a great alternative to wood. It has the look, color, design, and much more.
Its Profound and rich texture sometimes gives it more than its resource has for it.
It’s a soft eco-friendly solution for flooring. It’s easy to install and simple.
So, if you are looking for ergonomic, inexpensive, stylish flooring then you should go for laminate wood.
- Easy to install
- Easy to install and uninstall
- Little bit slippery
- Not valued as real wood
- Refinishing not possible
Product and installation cost 8.50$ – 14$ per sq foot.
Kitchen flooring with stylish, trendy, and durable components within a budget can be a tough job.
The above information should be enough to help you make decisive and thoughtful steps and make a convenient and stylish floor for your beautiful kitchen on a budget.
If you still have queries about different types and brands of kitchen components, you may contact us anytime.