Do you really want to remodel your kitchen and have no idea about how to do it? Well, the right place is here! Men and women nowadays are more conscious of their health than before, and so, they often make their own food. Spending more time in the kitchen has been a common thing. So, a comfortable and healthy kitchen floor is one of prerequisites modern homeowners want to meet along with other demands.
If you spend more time in your kitchen standing and cooking food, the floor you stand on needs to be healthy and comfy. Otherwise, you might have to suffer a back issue, which is often a curse in this busy life. There are varieties of flooring methods present in the market. You can choose one that suits your demand without exceeding the budget. Ten of those ideas have been suggested here with the required information.
10 Flooring Ideas for the Perfect Kitchen
2018 is the year for best kitchen flooring trends. People spending thousands of dollars into their kitchen floor because they want it picture perfect. It’s not an easy job to have both user friendly and stylish flooring within a budget, neither too big nor too lavish.
Not everyone going to urge for hard, polished, cold surface on the contrary some will prefer soft padding walking friendly surface. Flooring option can be divided into two major part in order to, maintain public demand.
Top 5 Durable Flooring Options
- Rubber flooring
Top 5 Ergonomic Flooring Options
- Carpet tile
- Wood laminate
- ✪ 【Material & Size】: VEELIKE yellow marble peel and stick floor tiles are made of high quality and eco-friendly vinyl, harmless to health and environment. Size is 12" length by 12" width by 1.6mm thick. 1 tile=1 square feet, 12 tiles=12 square feet
- ✪ 【Durable & Realistic】: This floor sticker tiles are waterproof, oil-proof, moistureproof, fire-proof, anti-skidding, sturdy materials withstand high traffic area, no wax finish. The glossy marble pattern looks authentic and modern
- ✪ 【Easy to Install】: These are self-adhesive vinyl floor tiles, all you need to do is peel and stick on the target surface, a very quick and simple option for decoration and renovation. Its adhestion allows to readjust without leaving sticky residue, removable and washable to wipe and clean
- ✪ 【Cost-effective & Wide Application】: Instead of expensive and clumsy flooring tiles, this cost saving sticker tiles are a better alternative to renters or refurnishing project for floor, backsplash or walls in bathroom, bedroom, dining room, basement, garage, hobby room and so on
- ✪ 【Reliable Service】: VEELIKE values every single customer's opinion and always take their experience as a top concern. Should you have any questions before or after ordering, please do not hesitate to contact us through "Ask a question", our standard for responding to message is less than 24 hours
Rubber Kitchen Flooring
Rubber is a unique texture and combination of artificial elements. It has also padded feel under foot. Rubber is a natural insulator against both temperature change and noise, making it a better option.
- Eco friendly
- Padded feel
- Rich in texture
- Denting or scratch is a possibility
- Durable finish repels water and moisture
Product and installation cost 2$ – 15$ dollars per square feet depending on the materials. This is reasonable than other method in the market. You should buy some spares for further replacements.
Stone Kitchen Flooring
Stone is naturally cool and ideal for tropical or hot regions. It has a unique quality to remain cold in a hotter climate but if you install in a cold climate, consider adding sub floor heat radiant to warm the floors. Hard surface does not harbor dust and allergens. Stone offers a sense of permanence that actually rises above other flooring materials. You can find a large variation of stones with incredible definition in colors and design. Granite, Limestone, Marble, Slate, Travertine, and Stone tile are the popular stones these days. You can choose one, which suits your personality and home décor.
- Hard surface
- Easy to clean
- Dust, moist, allergens repellent
- Requires routine sealing
- Some of them are fragile and chip easily
Product and installation cost 10$ – 33$ per square foot depending on the materials you use.
Tile Kitchen Flooring
Tile is great solution if you want a low maintenance solution for your kitchen. Tile comes into variety of designs and colors. Today 12“square tile are not the only size in the market. Some of the modern tiles are large in size and rectangular in shape.
- Moisture resistant
- Easy to maintain
- Glassware or dishes are likely to shatter
- Grout line will be hard to keep clean
Product and installation cost 8$ -15$ per square feet. We highly recommend you to hire professionals for the installation. Buy an extra box for further replacement.
Vinyl Kitchen Flooring
Vinyl is reasonable for all range of customers because of its low cost maintenance and variety of designs and colors. You should try for the wood resembled vinyl, reason it’s hard to identify is it wood or something else.
- Water-proof and stain resistant
- Cost efficient.
- Quick and easy installation
- No glue or adhesive
- Need a flawless floor to install
- Residential warranty
Product and installation cost 5$ – 9$ per square feet. Professionals needed to install.
Concrete Kitchen Flooring
Concrete flooring is a common method used by most of the people of the world. It can take a huge load for a high traffic kitchen. There is no match to its deep tone and tough durability.
- Moisture resistant
- Resealing needed time to time
- Not stain protected
Product and installation cost 2$ – 30$ per square feet depending on frame of preparation.
Bamboo Kitchen Flooring
Bamboo is a great eco-friendly material for those who like earthly elements for his home and kitchen. It is highly resistible and tough material for flooring. Bamboo grows early and very easy to replace or maintain.
- Eco friendly
- Long warranty available
- Sustainable source
- Dent risk is higher than usual
Product and installation cost 8$ – 9$ per square feet. Because of its long guaranty you can use Bamboo for your kitchen floor and it will save your money for extra replacements or maintenance.
Carpet Tile Flooring
Carpet was not the best solution among householders because of its EASY TO GET DIRTY tendencies. Modern carpet tile already overcome all the shortcomings of its predecessors. Designed and tested for industrial grade usage in the high traffic areas. The best thing is carpet tile can be removed for cleaning or replacing.
- Modern colors and patterns
- Innovative textures to hide stain
- Soft and padded
Product and installation cost 3$ – 5$ per square feet. You don’t have to use carpet tile everywhere. Just use it into the main kitchen area.
Cork is one of the modern day marvels of its time. In the past era people only used it for capping purposes and other odd usage. Now in twenty first century cork work like magic and its implementation is everywhere. Using it as a floor seems little odd but believe me it is one of the most user comfortable method in the vicinity. Cork is also a natural insulator for temperature and noise as like as rubber. Soft paddy feeling is also included in its character. It has also a waxy character that repels Insects and pests. You want budget friendly equipment than cork is your number one solution.
- Attractive design and texture
- Eco friendly
- Pest repellent
- Soft Padding
Product and installation cost 3$ – 8$ per square feet.
Wood Kitchen Flooring
Wood is the most demanding product for kitchen flooring. People are crazy to have a furnished wood floor in the kitchen. It has a rich flavor of nature. Since the beginning of time people love to have wood in their home. It’s become tradition nowadays. Though wood has no comparison to any commodities at present it has some shortcomings. Tropical places or places that have excess humidity are heavily suggested to avoid wood component. Wood in the kitchen is also a risky business because it needs to be protected from extra moisture.
- Can be refinished
- Added resale value
- Periodic maintenance needed
- Scratch easily
Product and installation cost 12$ – 20$ per square feet. Avoid wider planks for costal or tropical areas. It also reduces your cost.
Laminate Wood Kitchen Flooring
Laminate wood is a great alternative for wood. It has the look, color, design and much more. Its Profound and rich texture sometimes give it more than its resource has for it. It’s a soft ecofriendly solution for flooring. It’s easy to install and simple. So, are you looking for ergonomic, inexpensive, stylish flooring than you should go for laminate wood.
- Easy to install
- Cost affective
- Easy to install and uninstall
- Little bit slippery
- Not valued as real wood
- Refinishing not possible
Product and installation cost 8.50$ – 14$ per square feet.
Kitchen flooring with stylish, trendy and durable components within a budget can be a tough job. The above information should be enough to help you make decisive and thoughtful steps and make a convenient and stylish floor for your beautiful kitchen on a budget. If you still have queries about different types and brands of kitchen components, you may contact us anytime.